Water Mitigation & Flood Cleanup in Central & Southern Mississippi
With so many possible issues water damage can present, our thorough inspections in hand with complete mitigation and restoration solutions, ensure there is no risk for further damage such as mold, rot, or seepage. The Detect-a-Leak team is your logical solution to manage your water damage restoration projects for your Mississippi home or business.
How Can Water Affect Your MS Home or Business?
Water damage poses hidden dangers that can lead to serious issues down the road. Some of the most common issues that can lead to water damage include:
- Clogged toilets
- Leaky appliances
- Broken pipes
- Overflowing washing machines
- Broken dishwasher hoses
- Plumbing leaks
- Foundation cracks
Once water leaks occur in your home or business, it can remain undetected for days, months or even years. The longer it remains unchecked, the more damage it can cause. This can include mild issues such as staining but can intensify leading to everything from swelling wood floors, to mold and structural damage to allergy-causing mildew and odors. There are also different categories of water damage based on the types of repairs required. The categories include:
- Category 1: Damage caused by clean water from things such as burst pipes, leaky showers, or broken appliances.
- Category 2: This water is also referred to as gray water, which means the water is not safe to ingest. This is commonly found with things such as broken toilets or sump pumps but can also include seepage.
- Category 3: This water is also referred to as black water, as it contains a higher content of dangerous bacteria and microorganisms that can cause serious illness. Often this water comes from the sewage system or areas with standing water.
Last but not least water damage can lead to mold. Mold requires special removal as it can spread through spores in the air. Mold causes damage to all types of materials and can put your health at risk. When water damage occurs, and mold grows, it can lead to serious illness.
Our Process for Water Damage Cleanup
We offer a thorough process that ensures every aspect of your water issue is managed properly. We will:
- Provide an inspection and damage assessment
- Provide appropriate cleanup based on the category of water damage and your specific situation
- Use eco-friendly antimicrobial agents to prevent microbial growth
- Use industrial-grade equipment to remove water and dry out your space
- Dispose of damaged materials properly
- Pack away your possessions to prevent further damage while the restoration is underway
- Use HEPA air scrubbers to remove contaminants from the air
- Use certified (IICRC), licensed (MSBOX) and insured technicians
Our team is here for you throughout the entire process, ready to answer your questions and provide extra service as required.